It might be the case that we must constrain ourselves to truly experience freedom. In that spirit, Playamory events follow a general set of guidelines to create constraints which then facilitate the ability to open up to a world (or a room) full of possibilities. The guidelines and resources listed below exist to ensure the events are as safe as possible for all attendees.
- Events are invite-only private events, and may only be attended by existing club members in good standing.
- Every club member is vetted via an interview process.
- Attendees are verified at the door with legal names and photo IDs.
- Female lead/co-lead seek to ensure at least one host is approachable to every attendee.
- Anonymous incident reporting form, including ability to report incidents involving event hosts.
- Events have a set start time, at which point the doors are "locked" and there will be no in-and-out privileges, though attendees may leave at any time.
- Events include an introductory circle to review important safety information, plus anything particular to that event.
- All events are drug free.
- Existing protocols to address incidents and respond to "missing stair" reports.